I am constantly jumping and can't read text in the game and cant enter the door
Neon City Rush - PART 1
NOTE TO USERS: This part of the game takes about 1.5 hours to complete. Please use the 'chapter select' button if you are returning to the game. This way you can pick up where you left off and play through the story at your own pace
Welcome to the future and to Neon City.
A habitat where technology, crime and corruption are a daily way of life. Freedom and democracy are all things of the past. Powerful corporations now control the masses through technology, propaganda and fear.
You are city resident 1067893.You live in House Block 4 with your brother and ill Nanna. Last year an accident left your brother paralyzed. Since then, he has become an accomplished hacker.
Nanna has always been there for you both but her illness is not getting any better. You have no creds to get her vital treatment and things are desperate. You only have one choice. Take on Neon City along with it’s many gangs, evil corporations and corrupt organisations. You must get the creds to save Nanna.
< > Arrow keys to move
SPACE to jump
Click/touch buttons to interactive as prompted
- Can be played on desktop, tablet and mobile
- Family friendly and fun
- In-depth story set in the rich, vibrant and futuristic Neon City.
- Beautiful AI. art created using the Wonder App.
- Loads of characters, some friendly and some not!
- Mini games to keep the things interesting.
- Use hacking skills to progress the story.
- Hours of gameplay, depending on your ability (across part 1 and 2).
- futuristic soundtrack made in BeepBox
This game was created for the GITHUB GAME OFF 2022 GAME JAM!
The Jam theme was cliché
This game has:
- Long text based chat screens between characters to convey the story (hopefully it's not too boring but feel cliche)
- A futuristic nightclub scene (the music of the future is so.... well I'll let you decide)
- Complete 'Mini games' to progress the story (to keep the game play exciting of course)
- Hard boss fights (you can still beat them... just might take a little practice)
- Hacking, (all games based in the future need hackers right?)
- A creepy to 'be continued/ coming next year' message to finish things off (no spoilers ;))
Check out my other free games at www.gamesbyjack.co.uk and donate to the charity Mind if you enjoy what you play via the site.
The required GIT HUB source files can be seen here.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
oh really. So you were on auto jump as it were. Not had that feedback before. Did bot come up in testing.The text is quite small. I have changed the settings so the game can be played at full screen if that is at all helpful? Thanks again for playing. Would still love you to try it again.
Is there a way to turn the audio on? It just says that it’s off without responding to any clicks. The game looks mute right now.